- Minimum 16 years age difference between adoptive parent(s) and adoptee.
- Single women are allowed to adopt.
- Previously divorced couples are permitted to adopt, if they had no more than two divorces.
- Kazakhstan law requires that all adoptive families must travel to complete the adoption process. Two trips are required. Both parents must make 1st trip; one parent can make 2nd trip.
- Available children are from 7 months old to 16 years old.
- Asian and Caucasian children are available for adoption.
The ethnic background of most of the children available for adoption is Asian.
Kazakhstan law requires that all adoptive families must travel to complete the adoption process.
It takes up to 6 months after all documents are submitted to Loving Stork before you can travel to Kazakhstan. An average time for adoption from Kazakhstan is approximately 4 - 6 months from the time your dossier is submitted. We will notify the family as soon as the travel date is finalized.
The 1st trip usually lasts about 23-30days, 2nd trip - 5-16 days (depends on the city/region); timeframe between the trips - about one month. The adoptive parents must spend at least 2 weeks with the child at the child's place of residence in Kazakhstan. This is called a "bonding period"; it cannot be waved.
Kazakhstan law also requires a 15-day waiting period after the court hearing before the adoption becomes final. A judge can wave this "appeal period" at his/her discretion.
If married, both parents must travel to Kazakhstan on 1st trip. One parent may return to the U.S. early after the court hearing is completed.
Please contact our Kazakhstan Program Coordinator
Phone (Toll Free) 1-877-244-9595